The Journey from North to South

It is almost 6 P.M. And my passport has not arrived yet. But to keep me worry-free, I will rather share to you my journey to the Department of Foreign Affairs which is now located at the ASEANA Business Park, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Boulevard. Barangay Tambo, Paranaque City for the new application of my Filipino passport.


My mom and my brother had their passports for many years already. They went through travel agencies in order have their passport issued which is a hassle thing to do for me instead of just going directly to the DFA not unless you have problems with your papers or documents the DFA requires for you to have a passport.

(passport.com.ph)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Setting the Appointment:
So to begin with, I searched the internet about applying for a Filipino passport. Here I found passport.com.ph, and I found out that you can now already set an appointment direcly either by online or by phone. This is pretty much convenient to people like me who resides very far from the DFA. So before moving on, I first checked on the documents required by the DFA and luckily I have all what they are asking for. Basically for a Filipino passport, they will just need your NSO Birth Certificate or a Certified True Copy of your BC and your ID. Just in case, bring also other supporting documents such as driver's license, NBI clearance, Form 137, etc. Also, make sure to photocopy everything before going to the DFA on your appointment date.

So without any further adieu, I proceeded to setting an appointment by phone by calling their hotline at (02) 737-1000. An agent from the DFA assisted me by asking my basic information and I just filled them all up. She asked me to spell out every answer I gave just to make sure that she types everything correctly. Afterwards, she asked me for the appointment date of my choice then she gave me a link and told me to print out my application form in a white long bond paper and gave me a reference number in order for me to access my application form. Lastly, she gave me some reminders such as proper attire, the required documents, etc. which can all be viewed at passport.com.ph.

(My Application Form)

I was appointed on April 3, 2012 at 8:30 A.M. They told me to arrive there 30 minutes before my appointment time. So I printed out my application form, filled out whatever it was left that was needed to be filled and prepared every documents I needed.

The Day:
On my appointment day, I left our house at exactly 6:30 A.M and rode an ordinary bus to Baclaran which would definitely pass along Macapagal Boulevard where the DFA is located. Basically we live at the north end of EDSA while the DFA is located technically near the south end of EDSA. So yes, that was the first time I almost actually traveled the whole EDSA from end to end.

Step 1 and 2: Processing Section and Payment
I arrived at exactly 7:45 A.M. and it was very crowded already. So there I went through the processing. I presented my application form to them inside the gate 2 then they stamped something onto my form and told me to sit on the waiting area until 8:30 A.M. At exactly 8:30 A.M. we were told to enter the building for the first step which was the processing section. I waited again for like almost an hour for my turn because of so many applicants that day even though they have almost 30 counters who were assisting several applicants.

(Courtesy of http://sheryllontok.com)

When I had my turn, I went to counter 12 and showed them my application form then they asked me for my NSO Birth Certificate and my photocopied ID then they stapled it all together but instead of telling me to proceed to the 2nd step for the payment, they told me to go first to the director's office for the verification of my citizenship because I have a foreign-sounding surname. So there I went. Luckily, I brought my dad's naturalization papers with me which had been issued before I was born that proved me to be a Filipino citizen by birth. They added my dad's photocopied naturalization papers onto my stapled documents and I went back to my counter. Then again, more papers were stapled to my documents while they told me to proceed to the second floor for the payment of 950 pesos for the regular processing fee.

Step 3: Encoding Process
After the payment, I went to the 3rd step for the encoding process. I reached a table where the "STEP 3" sign was posted and they gave me a queue number indicating my turn to have my information be encoded on to a passport notebook. I got 1709. I looked at the wide T.V. screen where they flash the number and they were just accommodating applicant number 1360. So I waited.

(Courtesy of http://spoiledstore.com)

When my turn came, I handed them all my thickly stapled papers. They typed in all my information on their computer then took my picture, registered my fingerprints onto their biometrics scanner and at long last, I was done! I waited frustratingly for bloody three hours just to have the encoding process that took only just about five to ten minutes! They also told me to come back after fifteen working days to claim my passport or I can rather avail their delivery service for an additional payment of 120 pesos which I did to keep me hassle-free.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I should have received my passport today, April 27, 2012 but apparently, it has not arrived yet. I cannot blame them anyway for the delay for they are only human beings who deliver on their motorcycles the passports of more than a hundred applicants all around Metro Manila. It's actually pretty effortless to apply for a Filipino passport. So for anyone out there who wants to apply one, I hope this information will help you. =) For direction inquiries on how to go to the DFA, click here!

Thank you very much for reading.
Have a great journey too,
and may God bless you all the way through! =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha... i know right?!?! imagine that I undergo this bloody process every year...EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! Fooweee....hahahahhaa... this is the exact reason...actually... mas magulong process pa ang naturalization to filipino citizenship... hahahhaa..AS IN!!! SUPER GULO! hhhahahahhaha... buti nga natapos mo yan in one day... i have one instance na bumalik pa for the second day... meron pang to be contiuned.. grabeee talaga... ubod ng grabe! hahahha... benign pa nga ang pagbayad sa FEU (tuition)... ang mga pabalik balik at takbo takbo ko dun... wala pa yun...hahhahahahhaha
owwwwww.... your new background design is really nice... it feels warm and homy... i love it!!! and also i fed yer fishes .. ehem ... piranha hahahahhaha
see yah soon ^_^