My Top 20 Favorite Movies All Time

Perhaps I should rather make it my top 20 movies all time hehehe.

I browsed Wikipedia for a list of films produced over the years to refresh my memory of the movies I had already watched. Wikipedia has a list of films starting year 1800, but I started browsing in the year 1990 and so on until 2009. Hundreds of films were produced every year, so by that I mean I browsed over 1900 films. Well, haha! Honestly, it's pretty exhausting browsing over a hundred of movies every year starting 1990. Imagine if I had to browse starting year 1800, HAHAHA!!! But it's worth browsing after all since it helped me picked 50 movies that really favored me and by that 50 it was eliminated to 30 then 20 then I stopped. Can't eliminate anymore.

Ok, here we go.
1. TITANIC



This movie was everything--thrill, tragedy, romance, drama, and a bit of comedy. Who can ever forget Titanic, Rose and Jack? The best ever tragic-romantic movie I've ever seen quite my entire life so far. =)

2. MY SASSY GIRL


One of the most unique love story that I've ever watched, especially the part where Gyeon woo (Cha Tae Hyun) made the ten rules to Ji Hyun's date about on how to make her happy. It was the most beautiful part of the movie. Romantic comedies always clicks me hehe. =)


3. FORREST GUMP


Agh, Forrest Gump, I personally love many of Tom Hanks movies. Well, it's because, his acting is always perfect for his role of what the character is supposed to express. I simply love the story because, despite his dissability, particularly brain, he still live his life to the fullest and know what true love really is and he is just..well, Forrest Gump! =)


4. THE BUCKET LIST


Most touching film I've ever watched about dying. It's never too late naman eh, to make a bucket list, the only problem is that, sometimes, it's kinda impossible to accomplish it considering the money. How I wish that I may meet a person that has plenty of money like Edward and fulfill my bucket list. =) Oh, and I love the featured song in this movie, it is entitled "Say" by John Mayer. Actually, you can see the chorus sa blog title ko, yun lang ang chorus inulit ulit lang haha. =)


5. RAISE YOUR VOICE


You know something? I dislike Hilary Duff now, hahaha! But this movie was great, I like any movie that is related to music with a taste of drama. And romance. Haha! The most interesting part in the movie for me was the part where she sang "Someone's Watching Over Me" as a farewell song to her brother and it was really a very touching moment there that time. =)


6. AUGUST RUSH


Another musical film. The most amazing kid I've ever watched related to music. Well, I do appreciate music, I think everybody does. Watch this movie if you haven't yet and witness something you would never believe in your entire life about a kid and his love for music. =)


7. ANGELS AND DEMONS


Told you I love Tom Hanks, XD. Here is another movie starred by Tom Hanks, and is the latest one. Of course the movie will not be as similar as how the book was written as always. Hmm..let's see, I think about 30% part of the movie will let the avid readers of Dan Brown feel disappointed. But the remaining 70% of the movie, I assure you, is worth watching. =)



8. SWEENEY TODD


Three things I love about this movie. First, Johnny Depp. Second, the reason why sweet Benjamin Barker changed to demonish Sweeney Todd . Third, the duality of musical scenes and thriller scenes. What a perfect movie!!! XD


9. BACK TO THE FUTURE (I, II, III)

Michael J. Fox, also one of my favorite actor, starred in this sci-fi film Back to the Future. After I watched this movie, I really wish to travel back through time to when my parents were still not as what they are right now. Nakakatuwa nga lang yung part two nung nagtravel sila sa 2015, ang exagge kasi ng future nila eh haha! I still don't think that there will really be a flying car, hoverboard, etc. by the year 2015, maybe 20 years more or so haha!

10. SO CLOSE


LOOOVE their gadgets!!! Haha! Well anyway, I also love the actions scenes here especially how WELL they planned their moves against their enemies using their what they called a satellite technology in their computer and Shu Qi was very good being the assassin, but I don't like her in The Transporter movie though. =)

11. JUST LIKE HEAVEN

Weee!!! Another Romantic Comedy haha! Also one of my favorite unique love story. At some point, Mark Ruffalo was cute in the movie hihihi. Reese Witherspoon, one of my favorite actress, she's just so awesome, perfect for the movie. They make perfect chemistry. This movie is just really too good to be true. =)


12. BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Comedy again! Jim Carrey, my favorite White American comedian. I also love it when he does drama, he's great in both actually. I love the part where he ruined Evan Baxter's newscasting LOL!! The touching part was when God ask him what he really wants, and he just got the perfect answer, most touching part of the movie. Great film. =)

13. LEMONY SNICKET'S A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS


Well, what do you know, it's Jim Carrey again! XD. But I hate him here! He was a meanie!!! XD. Well, what I love about this movie was of course the cooperation of the 3 siblings against Count Olaf, yeah, even their youngest sibling helped a lot haha! Violet was so full of ideas and Klaus was very intelligent and Sunny, well, just adorable! hehehe!! Movie was great, fun and very wholesome. =)


14. MULAN


Perfect movie for great honor, responsibilty and hmm.. what else? I guess that's it hehe.. La ako masabi sa movie, pero one of my favorite pa rin haha!!

15. BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA

Wow, I cried badly in this movie nung namatay si Leslie XD! I still can't understand why she should die, hay, ang ganda na nung story tapos namatay pa siya! After she was dead, parang nag fast forward na ang story, Jess' younger sister May Belle turned out to be the queen of Terabithia instead of Leslie, ayun tapos the end na haha. Great fantasy though hehe sarap ulitin, pero ayoko lang talaga yung part na namatay si Leslie hehe. =)

16. SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES

Another Freddie Highmore movie haha! One of the coolest fantasy movie I've watched hehe. 'Di ko alam kung dahil kay Freddie Highmore o talagang maganda lang ang movie hahaha!!! Maganda naman graphics nila eh, tsaka ang wild ng imagination ni Freddie which I think made the movie interesting hehe. =)

17. MEET THE ROBINSONS

Well, isn't he just so adorable? XD Another time travel movie. Hmm.. What can I say about this movie? Well, apparently every single part of it was so breathtaking, haha! The song featured in this movie was also great, it is entitled "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas. I also loved how the film ended by leaving a quote by Walt Disney saying "keep moving forward". Mahaba pa yan eh, pero yun ang parang core meaning nung quote hehe. =)


18. ANT BULLY



Haha! This made my imagination fly. Sarap kasing tirisin ang mga langgam sa bahay eh bwahahahaha!!!! What if the ants really have the ability to invade us? What if the ants will also shrink me?? What IF!!??!.. hahaha!! Pero the greatest part of the movie is that Lucas cooperated with the ants and ayun friends na sila hahaha!!


19. SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE


Even though nag-top ito sa 2008, this will not be placed as my top movie, haha! For me, maganda naman yung movie, pero at some point, average lang din siya, kaya nga top 19 lang eh hahaha! Well, it is an extraordinary movie, kasi ba naman, wala nga naman pinagaralan si Jamal Malik eh, tapos nanalo siya jackpot sa Who wants to be a Millionaire 'di ba. But it was truly miraculous that all the questions asked to Jamal were actually related to his life kaya nasagot niya lahat nang tama. Jai Ho! =)

20. SHAOLIN SOCCER


Ok, haha! Medyo may pagkacorny yung movie na ito, pero I still like it though hehe. Stephen Chow eh, what do you expect diba hahaha!! Siguro what I like about this movie is the duality of Chinese and American tradition, the comedy of the film and their extraordinary ability to play soccer.


Well, I guess that's it! Thanks for reading. ^_^

No comments: